There are a few ways of training strength for a variety oflevels.
Strength is a melee combat skill which increases the amount of damage a player can inflict in melee combat by two and a half points per level. Additionally, Strength may be required to wield certain weapons and armour, access some Agility shortcuts, and complete several quests. Strength is one of the most popular skills among players, having more players with level 99 than any other skill.
Free to play:
* From level 1–5, kill chicken, found in Lumbridge * From level5–15, kill cows. found in Lumbridge * From level 15–30, killminotaurs, found In the Stronghold of Security * From level 30–70+kill cave crawlers, also found in the Stronghold of SecurityMembers:
* From level 70–99, kill gorillas in the Monkey Temple on theMonkey Madness island. Wear full Dharoks, lower your hitpoints, andput on protect from melee (level 43 prayer required). Pray at thealtar when necessary. You will get an average of 50,000–70,000experience points per hour * From level 70–99, kill gorillas in theMonkey Temple on the Monkey Madness island. Wield a dragonscimitar, and wear prayer boosting armor such as initiate. You willget an average of 40,000–65,000 experience points per hour * Fromlevel 70–99, train on bandits at the Bandit Camp in The AlKharadian Desert. Wear something that represents Saradomin orZamorak so the bandits automatically attack you. It is recommendedthat you wear full rune and switch to full Guthan’s when yourhitpoints are low to heal yourself. You will get an average of30,000–55,000 experience points per hour
This article is about the maximum hit with Magic. For other uses, see Maximum hit.
The staff of the dead gives a 15% boost to magic damage.
Magic Damage is an equipment statistic that functions as a damage multiplier that increased the damage of magic spells. The effects of most equipped items can be seen at the bottom of the stats window (labelled Magic damage: +x%).
Both players and non-player characters can utilise magic damage, although when casting Monster Examine on an attackable NPC, their magic damage is instead labelled as ‘Magic str bonus’.
There are various methods by which players can increase their potential maximum Magic damage. The effects of most equipped items can be seen at the bottom of the stats window (labelled Magic damage: +x%).
Temporarily increasing your Magic level only increases your accuracy, but not damage (with the exception of Magic Dart, salamanders, trident of the seas/swamp and sanguinesti staff).
- 2Special circumstances
Damage-boosting equipment[edit | edit source]
in StatsConditions/NotesAhrim’s equipment30%70Attack
70DefenceNoOnly has a 25% chance to occur. Both the set and amulet must be worn to get the damage boost. Does not include staff’s 5% damage bonus.Amulet of the damnedCastle wars bracelet20%NoneNoOnly applies in Castle Wars against a bearer of a flag. Must be worn before the game starts, not during the game.Tormented bracelet5%75HitpointsYesNone.Staff of the dead15%75Attack
75MagicYesCan cast Slayer Dart and auto-cast Flames of Zamorak.
Has a 12.5% chance of negating runes being used for that spell.
Toxic version can inflict venom.
The staff of light has the same abilities as the staff of the dead, but has the ability to cast Saradomin Strike in place of Flames of Zamorak.Toxic staff of the dead15%Staff of light15%Ancestral hat2%75Magic
65DefenceYesNone.Ancestral robe top2%Ancestral robe bottom2%Slayer helmet (i)15%40Combat
10DefenceYesOnly works against monsters assigned as a Slayer task. Does not stack with salve amulet(ei).Black mask (i)15%40Combat
20StrengthSalve amulet(ei)20%NoneYesRequires completion of Lair of Tarn Razorlor and access to the Nightmare Zone.
Only works against undead.
Does not stack with slayer helmet (i) or black mask (i).Occult necklace10%70MagicYesNone.Smoke battlestaff10%30Attack
30MagicNoOnly affects spells in the standard spellbook.Chaos gauntlets+3NoneNoRequires completion of Family Crest.
Only affects bolt spells.Tome of fire50%50MagicNoMust be charged with burnt pages. Only affects fire spells. Also provides unlimited fire runes.Kodai wand15%75MagicYesAlso has a 15% chance of negating runes being used for that spell and provides unlimited water runes.Ahrim’s staff5%70Attack
70MagicYesNone.Elite Void Knight
22PrayerNoRequires completion of Hard Western Provinces Diary
Also increases magic accuracy by 45%.Imbued god capes2%75MagicYesRequires completion of The Mage Arena II.
- It is important to note that items with a magic attack bonus such as the Ahrim’s robetop do not boost your max hit, just your accuracy. Similarly, items with a magic defence bonus, such as the black d’hide body don’t affect the maximum damage you will take from spells, just your opponent’s accuracy.
- Prayers such as Mystic Will, Mystic Lore, Mystic Might, and Augury only increase accuracy, not max hit.
Special circumstances[edit | edit source]
Charge[edit | edit source]
Charge is a spell which temporarily increases the maximum damage of the three God spells by 10 (providing the player is wearing the corresponding god cape). The spell requires a Magic level of 80.
Magic Dart[edit | edit source]
How Much Dmg To You Get From Str Osrs Guide
Magic Dart is a spell that increases in damage the higher the player’s Magic level is. At 50, the base maximum hit is 15 and at 99 it is 19 (20 if boosts are used). However, it can only be cast by a slayer’s staff, its enchanted version or a (toxic) staff of the dead.
The damage is significantly increased if an enchanted Slayer’s staff is used to cast the spell while on task. At 75 (the minimum to wield the enchanted staff), the base maximum hit is 25, and at 99 it is 29, up to 31 if an imbued heart boosts from 99 to 108.
Salamanders[edit | edit source]
How Much Dmg To You Get From Str Osrs To Cut
Salamanders can be used to attack using Magic. The maximum hit increases with the player’s Magic level. black salamanders, the strongest salamander, has a base maximum hit of 17 at 70, and at 99 it is 24, up to 27 if an imbued heart boosts from 99 to 108.
Trident of the seas/swamp[edit | edit source]
Tridents work differently to other staves. The damage is dependent on the player’s Magic level, like Magic Dart.
At level 75 Magic, the base damage is 20, this increases up to 28 at level 99 (29 if boosted). Likewise, stat-reductions will lower the damage, but the minimum max hit will never fall below 20; even if the player’s Magic level is reduced below 75.
The table below assumes you are only using the trident without any Magic damage bonuses.
Maximum Magic hit[edit | edit source]
Due to an update, the information in this article may be out-of-date.
Reason: Fire Surge can hit higher than Fire Wave
You can help improve it by updating the information.
- Calculation order :
- Base damage
- * gear dmg% (if salve amulet, ignore step 6)
- Floor ANS
- * Slayer
- Floor ANS
- * Tome of fire
- Floor ANS
- * cw
- Floor ANS
- Max hit
- Ice BarragePvP
- wep 15 + cape 2 + neck 10 +2 hat + 2 top + 2 bottom + 5 torment
- 30 * 138% = 41
- Ahrim’s set with amulet of the damned is capable of hitting 42 (one spell in four only).
- Speed of 5 (single target)
- Fire Surge max hit 54 (52 with smoke battlestaff) w/ tome of fire
- 2% cape + 15% helm + 10% neck + 15% wep (or 10%) + 2% top + 2% bottom + 5% bracelet
- Castlewars (Note: possibly wrong. Floor(base*36%)*20% cw brace not additive? Max 57)
- Fire Surge max hit 56 (54 w/ smoke): 24 base damage (or 36 with tome of fire)
- 2% imbued god cape + 10% occult + 15% sotd (or 10% if smoke battlestaff autocast) + 2% ancestral top + 2% ancestral bottom + 20% castlewar bracelet + 5% tormented bracelet = 56% or 51%
- Fire Surge max hit 49 (47 with smoke battlestaff) w/ tome of fire
- 2% cape + 2% hat + 10% neck + 15% wep (or 10%) + 2% top + 2% bottom + 5% bracelet = 38%
- Fire Surge: Ahrim’s set with amulet of the damned and tome of fire is capable of hitting 51 (1/4 hits)
- Speed of 6 (trident only)
- 2% cape + 15% helm + 10% neck + 2% top + 2% bottom + 5% bracelet = 36%
- 105+ magic base 33 with toxic trident (if toxic trident has a cap of 33 base dmg)
- Undead (no slayer task)
- 2% cape + 2% hat + 20% neck + 2% top + 2% bottom + 5% bracelet = 33%
- Castlewars (note: possibly wrong. Floor(base*36%)*20% cw brace not additive? Max 52)
- 51 (base damage * 156%)
- 2% cape + 10% neck + 15% wep + 2% top + 2% bottom + (20% + 5%) bracelet = 56%
- Other (ex. barrows)
- 2% cape + 2% hat + 10% neck + 2% top + 2% bottom + 5% bracelet = 23%
- Outside of minigames, it is possible to hit a maximum of 46 by casting Ice Barrage, Flames of Zamorak with Charge, or Fire Wave with a charged tome of fire with the staff of the dead, occult necklace, tormented bracelet, ancestral robe top and bottom, and a slayer helmet (i) on a Slayer task.
- The maximum total theoretical damage from one spell is 368, achieved by hitting nine targets with Ice Barrage for 48 damage to the flag bearer and surrounding players for 40 damage each during a Castle Wars game.
How Much Dmg To You Get From Str Osrs Dragon
- While using the trident of the swamp, occult necklace, tormented bracelet, ancestral robe top and bottom, and slayer helmet (i) on a Slayer task, and a Magic level boosted to at least 108, one can hit up to a maximum of 47 with the trident’s built-in spell.
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑Bitterkoekje. ‘Combat Formulas.’ 10 March 2015. RuneScape Forums.
How Much Dmg To You Get From Str Osrs Login
Retrieved from ‘https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Magic_damage?oldid=11769732’